Aysha Herrera, Licensed Esthetician

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Words of Inspiration

Today I stumbled upon another blog and found these words to be so true:

The 17 weeks I spent in school were amazing. They brought out the best of me and the worse in me. Even though I aced the program and earned my esthetician license shortly after graduating, it didn't come without a whole lot of sacrifice and heartache.

 Despite all of the sacrifice, the hardest part of beauty school for me was having to get out of my comfort zone each and every day. I had been living my comfortable life, doing things I could do easily in my sleep for the past seven years. Every day at school, I was challenged with something new. I was constantly having to deal with deciding if I had made the right decision. Was this going to be the industry I would leave bartending for and I want to work in? With each experience and struggle, the answer was always yes.


Today was a day where I was questioning my decision (for silly reasons that won't be mentioned), and coming across this blog was so inspiring and uplifting. These words don't just apply to beauty school. Stepping out of your comfort zone and chasing a dream is the key to finding happiness & beauty in your day to day life. Thank you, Kathleen.

I hope to look back on my blog a year from now and experience the pride and happiness that comes with working hard and following your dreams.

Photo by Chroma Photography
Xo,
A

2 comments:

  1. :) That's right girl, dreams = happiness! Dream bigger than you can imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Happy to inspire. Always follow your dreams. Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete